Google+ has so far not been taken overly serious by businesses trying to market their products and services. This is quickly changing! Google+ has positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a major social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Combine all of the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you have something we can get excited about.
Seven Strategies for Utilizing Your Google+ Page
Confused about how to use Google+? Don’t fret – use these to get going!
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with some thought. Make sure you use interesting photos and images, and link out to your other social media profiles.
- List your contact information – Include business hours, your contact details, together with maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – Make sure you link to your main business blog or site. This will result in added traffic plus a great backlink.
- Create your business page – You can create content of any length, including video. This has strong benefits for search results as well as for folks that find you on Google+.
- Link to your other content – Link out to your blog posts. Along with getting them indexed nearly instantly, this also has a number of SEO advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia that can link to your pages elsewhere. The possibilities are incredible.
- Utilize the Direct Connect feature – This Google+ tool permits people to add you to circles when they come across you in search. Similar to a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – When you hold a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and supplies you with the recording via email. You may then upload to YouTube if you want, or use it on your site or privately. One terrific way to use these is to create impromptu product demos.
This is only the beginning of what’s possible with Google+. To find more methods plus a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.