Wondering the best ways to improve your Facebook page quickly and easily? There are many ways to do this, but to help you get off to a flying start we’ll limit ourselves to just eight for now. These methods will not only help you to get more visibility in Google, but in addition lay the groundwork for better customer relationships that result in greater loyalty, which has obvious and numerous benefits.
- Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who’ve wanted to use a Facebook page for their business, and shortly abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and participate frequently, or it could be counter-productive!
- Lose the Facebook-generated URL – Make sure to acquire a custom URL for your Facebook page. This will help greatly with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone trying to find you.
- Don’t Repeat Your Tweets – Twitter is fantastic, but don’t make us live through things twice. Be unique in what you post on your Facebook page. Your added effort will be rewarded.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Short is in right now. Short content, short videos, short stacks. (No wait, that was breakfast …) There’s a place for longer posts, but generally aim to keep them somewhat short – less than 150 characters.
- Deliver Awesome Content – Creating lots of great content that others can use and are referring to and sharing will always be the primary goal here.
- Engagement with Your Readers – Don’t be shy about encouraging conversation, asking questions, holding contests or anything else that gets the conversation rolling!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone that complains seriously, and be proactive in response to anyone that asks questions. You can head off a lot of problems this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts which include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only posts, respectively.
Implementing these suggestions will give you a great start towards making your Facebook page a far more lively place!