Local mobile marketing can be a virtual goldmine!
But you wouldn’t realize it studying the marketing activities of most local businesses…
The era of the smart phone is here but many small local business owners are still in the dark ages. They’re playing catch up with their clients and their behavior. A recent Web.com survey showed of 500 small business owners showed on 26 percent of respondents invested time and money in optimizing their website for mobile devices! What does this mean for small business owners? It means this is a great time to stand out from the crowd. The mobile customers are ripe for the picking and you’re in perfect position to reap the rewards!
More than half of all searches are being done on a mobile device and you as a small business owner can take advantage of that. Even a small business on a budget can use these five ways to target mobile users.
- Mobile Optimized Site – Making sure that the site is optimized properly for mobile is step one, and without it almost everything else doesn’t matter. Be sure it is designed with mobile in mind, and is available on all platforms. According to a survey from Google, 61 percent of consumers will leave a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- Look into Mobile Ads – Mobile ads are cheap and efficient. This may sound surprising but at the moment lots of the inventory goes unsold each month and this keeps the costs down. This makes it an excellent time for you to jump in and explore mobile advertising.
- SMS and Push Notifications – SMS messages have a number of great advantages. First and foremost; they get opened. A lot. According to Frost and Sullivan, SMS messages have an astounding 95 percent open rate! Push notifications are a terrific way to connect with your customer base.
- Using Mobile with Your Social Media – Having the capability to connect real-time with your social networks and send links to coupons, specials, events or a link to your latest YouTube video is a quick way to not only increase traffic and buzz, but also to aid your site’s search engine ranking. Google hangouts are now becoming a new and exciting way to reach prospects in real-time.
- Location Based Marketing and Passbook – Your small business has to be found on the web. In the past, it meant Foursquare and Yelp. Although this still applies, you also have to begin looking into new technology like Passbook also. Passbook is a great new app that enables its user to keep all kinds of things like boarding passes, gift cards, coupons, store cards, coupons and all sorts of mobile payments.
Using mobile marketing in local business doesn’t have to be either complicated or pricey. The secret is to gather knowledge first, and add pieces as you go.