Facebook ads are among the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for getting traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other objective imaginable for your website. Ad campaigns are extremely easy to set up, include great targeting tools, and can be online in minutes. There is one key to understand, however, in regards to getting the best results and return on investment: That would be finding the most effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s take a look at some useful tips for getting the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Here are five ways to do exactly that!
- Use high quality stock images – Since your images are going to end up very small, make sure you’re buying from a reputable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our faves. The XS size of available images will be fine, as even these are going to be cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110×80 pixels).
- Crop your photos to produce maximum impact – Crop your photos carefully to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When utilizing product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. A lot of people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thus consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, choose the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn’t to say that occasionally beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor whenever you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you have the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! This will surely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some great illustrations of these ad-image principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.