Email marketing can be tricky enough without us making the job even more difficult. With mobile email open rates rising rapidly, it can be a virtual death sentence for your business should you overlook optimizing your marketing emails for small screens.
Mobile email opens are exploding!
Mobile email has become the most opened email, surpassing desktop with a robust 36 percent, according to Knotice.com. Combine that with the fact that email is the favored online communication mode of 74 percent of all adults, and you start to see why it’s so important. And it’s not just phones either. Tablets are beginning to take a major share as well, as ReturnPath reports that iPhones account for 59 percent, iPads 26 percent, Androids 14 percent and Windows phones bringing up the rear at less than 1 percent.
Some tips for optimizing your marketing emails
So not to leave you without a plan for optimizing your marketing emails, here are a few actionable tips that can help ensure your marketing messages show up how you want them to!
- Keep your messages short. People, especially on mobile devices, have a short attention span. Generate punchy, alluring subject lines and material that keeps people engaged.
- Keep image files small, as large files take significantly longer to load, you don’t want people exiting before they even get a chance to see what you’ve got!
- Keep your font sizes in your main content at least 14, and headlines around 30. Anything under 13 will get automatically changed by the iPhone, and can mess up your formatting.
- Make sure any calls to action are big enough for easy tapping. The normal adult fingertip measures around 45 pixels, so bear that in mind.
- Test your emails on different platforms before sending them out. Better safe than sorry!
Optimizing your emails is not an option if you’re looking to win with email. You must get on this today, as you can be sure your competitors will!